Issue: Multiple users suddenly deprovisioned from application
Cause: User inadvertently unassigned from provisioning-enabled application
- Consider what may have changed in the source directory (ie Active Directory if the Okta user was imported from AD).
- Check the groups assigned to the application and verify that all expected groups are present
- in Directory→Groups, navigate to the group(s) assigned to the application and verify whether the users are still listed as a member of the group.
- If not, verify whether they still belong to the corresponding group in the source directory (ie Active Directory if the group was imported from AD).
- If the user appears as a member of the group in AD but not as a member of the group in Okta, please contact Okta Support.
- if the group assigned to the application is an Okta-mastered group and is missing expected users, check the Rules tab to see if a rule is in place that assigns users to the group based upon certain criteria. Then, ensure that the criteria used by the rule still applies to the user(s)
To view additional common customer problems, click here