User profile updates, deactivations, and/or password syncs aren't being pushed to an application after provisioning has been enabled.
- Okta's system log may mistakenly indicate that the push attempt was successful
Okta user profiles are missing external ID's from application, or required provisioning options are not enabledApplies to
- Password Sync
- Profile Updates
- in the Application page, go to the People tab and click the pencil icon adjacent to a user who's experiencing this behavior.
- Check to see if an External ID attribute is listed (and is populated) in the page that appears.
- if there is no External ID:
- try unassigning and reassigning a user from the application if acceptable to the customer. This will trigger a provisioning event from Okta to the application, which should create an External ID that maps the Okta user object to the corresponding application's user object.
- if the External ID is present:
- verify that the application's Provisioning options (Create Users, Deactivate Users, etc) are enabled/disabled according to expected behavior
- Check Dashboard→Tasks for profile update events. These will usually provide details for the cause of the issue.
To view additional common customer problems, click here