Users and administrators cannot log into OktaApplies to:
- All browsers
- All OS
- AD Agent
- Delegated Authentication
Inability to connect to AD Agent(s)Resolution:
- in Okta Admin Console, navigate to Directory->Directory Integrations
- Click the Active Directory containing users who cannot log in
- Click the Settings tab and ensure that at least one AD Agent is reporting as "Active and Healthy"
- if AD Agent is reporting as "not connected," restart "Okta AD Agent" service from the server's Services console
- if AD Agent Service does not start properly:
- Right-click the Okta AD Agent service and click "Properties"
- Click the "Log On" Tab
- Verify that an active AD Account is entered as the "Log on" account, and re-enter the password
- Uninstall and reinstall the AD Agent if it still fails to start
- if AD Agent Service starts but Okta still reports status as "Not Connected:"
- verify network connectivity from the server running AD Agent Service by browsing to your Okta tenant
- Stop and restart the Okta AD Agent service
- if connectivity still fails, uninstall and reinstall AD Agent