The Okta Product Management team is always in search of ideas and feature requests that are most important to our users. If you are an Okta Org Admin, you have access to the Ideas Zone within the Okta community. This is the spot for you to search, vote and submit ideas for evaluation.
How to find Ideas?
- Navigate to https://support.okta.com/help
- Click "Go To Ideas" under Request Features. If you are not logged in, you will be prompted to do so
- Here you can view a list of all ideas and interact with them. You can choose to browse by categories (listed to the left of the list), or apply filters in the upper right of the page.
How to vote or comment on Ideas?
Once you find an idea you would like to see implemented, you can click on the up arrow to vote it to a higher ranking on the list.
Voting promotes the idea and adds 10 points to the idea, increasing it’s popularity.
Voting down demotes the idea and removes 10 points, decreasing its popularity.
You can also post comments to the ideas, adding suggestions or asking questions before you make up your mind whether to up or down vote it.
Submit an Idea
If you have an idea and you are not seeing it listed, this is your opportunity to add it to the list!
- Click on the Post Ideas button in the top right of the Ideas list.
- Complete the Ideas form, giving as many details about your idea as possible.
- Give your idea a specific title. Based on your title, the search engine in the Ideas Zone will check for any similar or identical ideas previously submitted. If one already exists, switch to the existing idea to vote or comment on it with your additions.
- Add a detailed description so others can understand your suggestion and give it some upvotes.
- Don’t forget to select the categories and topics that apply to your suggestion. This helps our product management team find the right owner to execute on your vision.
Click the Post button once you are satisfied with your submission. It will then be added to the Idea listing for members to vote on.