Okta Production Release 2017.02 began deployment on January 17. For the latest information on our release schedule, see Current Release Status.
Check the version number at the bottom of your Okta Administrator page to see your current version. Clicking the version number takes you directly to the folder containing the release notes.
Version numbers indicate the year and week of the year that releases are pushed to orgs. For example, release 2016.02 was pushed the second week of 2016. The week numbers follow the ISO Week Date convention.
Changes to Okta Support for Android Mobile Operating System
Okta Mobile and Okta Verify currently support Android versions 4.0.4 and earlier, but our support for these versions ended on January 16, 2017. After that date, Okta will only support version 4.4.x and higher. Android for Work (AfW) is supported on Android 5.1.1 and higher. For more information, see Okta Support for Mobile Operating System Versions.
Apple iOS 10 Upgrade Impact on Okta Mobility Management Password Sync
Users who have upgraded to iOS 10 should note the following: If you’re using Okta Mobility Management (OMM) to configure Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) profiles, a known issue has been introduced that affects OMM’s ability to perform Password Sync for EAS profile updates on iOS devices. For details and workarounds, see Known Issue: iOS10 upgrade impacts Okta Mobility Management (OMM) Password Sync.
Unless otherwise noted, these features are available for all organizations with release 2017.02.
To allow more granular control of outbound provisioning to Active Directory (AD), admins can now deactivate the accounts of unassigned AD users and update user attributes in AD during app assignment and profile updates. For details, see Configuring Import and Provisioning Settings.
- As part of Okta's 508 Compliance, the Okta end user Dashboard now supports skip navigation to allow users and screen readers to bypass links at the top of the page and go directly to their desired content such as app chiclets, the Add App button, and end user Settings. For more information about skip navigation technology, see here.
We have enhanced our System Log by adding the ability to save and reuse searches.
After performing a System Log search, a Save button now appears next to the query. Click Save and you are prompted to name your search. Once saved, your named search appears on the main Reports page. You can reuse your saved search, modify it, or delete it. Note that saved searches can only be seen by the user who created them. A maximum of 20 searches can be saved at any time.
This is an Early Access (EA) feature; contact Okta Support to enable it.
Note that this is an enhancement to our new System Log that is being rolled out to all customers. If your org doesn't have it yet, and you would like it expedited, contact Okta Support.
You can permanently delete a deactivated user with the Delete button that appears in the directory screen for that user, as shown below. You cannot undo this deletion. After deletion you can reuse the username and other identifiers; however, log entries are retained. For more information, see Deactivating and Deleting People. This feature is now Generally Available (GA).
We now support reactivation of users in the following cases:
During Just in Time provisioning (JIT), if a user is reactivated in a master app (for example, LDAP, AD), then the user is reactivated in Okta.
During imports, if a user is reactivated in a master app (for example, LDAP, AD), then the user is reactivated in Okta.
These are EA features, contact Okta Support to enable them.
- Okta now supports sending SAML 2.0 assertions containing serialized multi-attribute values. For details about the Attribute Statement, see Section 184.108.40.206 of the SAML 2.0 specification. This is an EA feature; contact Okta Support to enable it.
We have released Okta IWA Web agent version 1.10.1 for EA users. This release adds support for installing and starting the plugin on servers running Windows Server 2016. To obtain this version, contact Okta Support. For version history, see SSO IWA Web App Version History.
Platform Release Notes
Changes to the platform for this release are published in the Platform Release Notes on http://developer.okta.com.
We've enhanced the following application integrations:
- The Trello apps have been renamed to: Trello (SWA Only) and Trello (for SAML).
We've implemented SWA for the following Okta Verified applications:
We've implemented SAML for the following Okta Verified applications:
We've implemented SAML for the following Community Created applications:
We've changed Signature/Digest algorithms from SHA1 to SHA256 for the following SAML app:
Bug numbers ending with an H are hotfixes. Hotfixes are typically deployed after the initial release.
Product Bug Fixes
The following issues are fixed:
- OKTA-105737 – Some diacritical marks were missing in the Czech language version of end user settings and security questions.
- OKTA-107252 – Some end-users received an error when submitting their cell number for SMS-based, self-service password reset.
- OKTA-108889 – Overly restrictive requirements prevented private apps from uploading to the Private App Store.
- OKTA-109731 – After assigning an app to a group and changing one user to individual assignment, unassigning the group failed.
- OKTA-111070 – Connecting to the Asana SCIM server failed for TLS1.2.
- OKTA-111174 – The Okta Sign In page did not resize automatically on some iPhone versions.
- OKTA-111344 – The Importing users from CSV message did not clear even though the import completed successfully.
- OKTA-111577 – SSO to the Quantas app failed for Internet Explorer.
- OKTA-111707 – After enabling the New Okta Sign-In Experience for some orgs, the sign-in fields weren't visible.
- OKTA-112193H – In certain circumstances, schema discovery failed after enabling provisioning settings of the Org2Org app.
- OKTA-112886H – In orgs with mobile policies created before introduction of the passcode option Allow simple value, iOS and OSX device users were prompted to change their passcode if any platform rules were changed.
App Integrations Fixes
The following SWA apps were not working correctly and are now fixed:
Adobe Connect (OKTA-110809)
Launch Bit (OKTA-110759)
Majestic SEO (OKTA-111933)
Microsoft Volume Licensing (OKTA-112002)
Mozilla ADD-ONS (OKTA-103316)