Okta Preview Release 2016.46 began deployment on November 16. For the latest information on our release schedule, see Current Release Status.
Check the version number at the bottom of your Okta Administrator page to see your current version. Clicking the version number takes you directly to the folder containing the release notes.
Version numbers indicate the year and week of the year that releases are pushed to orgs. For example, release 2016.02 was pushed the second week of 2016. The week numbers follow the ISO Week Date convention.
Okta Mobile Connect
The latest updates to Box (v 3.8.9) and Workday (v 2016.41.156.401708) mobile apps have allowed for compatibility with Okta Mobile Connect (OMC), an Okta flow that enables SSO for native mobile apps. As a result, Okta will re-enable OMC, for Box and Workday only, on November 28th. Other apps previously using OMC will remain disabled until vendors fix the existing issues related to Apple iOS 10 compatibility. For details and a workaround for end users who do not upgrade to the latest versions, see Known Issue: Apple iOS update causes failure in Okta Mobile Connect.
Deprecation Announcement for iOS 8
Okta support for iOS 8 ended on November 13, 2016. Existing end users are not affected. Users attempting new installations on iOS 8 will see a notice stating that their OS version is no longer supported. After November 13th, Okta will chiefly support iOS versions 9.x and 10.x. For details on this version and our mobile support policy, see Okta Mobile and Okta Verify Supported Versions.
We're Auto-Enabling the New Okta Sign-In Experience
The New Okta Sign-In Experience currently is available to all orgs which have chosen to enable it in Settings > Appearance > Sign-In Configuration. If you have not done so already, we recommend that you enable the feature now to let your users become familiar with it. Beginning November 15, 2016 Okta began enabling the feature automatically for all new production orgs and all new and existing preview orgs and that have not enabled it already.
The New Okta Sign-In Experience has been Generally Available (GA) for the past two quarters and is currently in use by hundreds of Okta customers. For more information about this feature, see New Okta Sign-In Experience.
Unless otherwise noted, these features are available for all organizations with release 2016.46.
We've combined the Technical Contact and End User Support Contact dialog boxes in Settings > Account. The new dialog box allows you to create a link to your help site that appears in the Home page footer. For more information, see the Account page.
- Okta Mobile 5.0 features an enhanced enrollment flow that increases your end user’s visibility into which kinds of data is private and what is company accessible. For your end users to see this change in their devices, it must be enabled by Okta.
For details about this Early Access (EA) feature, see Using Okta Mobile. To enable it for your end users, call Okta Support.
- We have enhanced the Amazon Web Services (AWS) app to support the Session Duration attribute for SAML and Federated Login SSO modes. This gives Okta admins the ability to set a session duration limit, in seconds, for users. Minimum duration is 900 seconds, maximum value is 43200 seconds.
You set the Session Duration under the app configuration's Sign On tab:
- We have improved our new EA System Log by placing the three Count of events by... histogram graphs behind a Show event trends by category link, only displaying them when that link is clicked.
- When end-users using delegated-authentication attempt to sign-in and fail after multiple attempts, our Softlock feature locks them out of Okta. If enabled, these locked-out users can then utilize Okta Self Service. Otherwise, admin action is required to unlock their Okta account.
- We've removed the Select All option from the Assign to People step of the Add App Wizard, GA version. This helps avoid slow performance caused by assigning an app to all users in very large orgs. This change is consistent with the behavior already implemented in the EA version of the wizard.
- On November 14, 2016, Okta began a phased GA release of browser plugin version 5.9.1 for Internet Explorer (IE). This release provides performance and security enhancements. Okta strongly recommends that you install the plugin if prompted to do so. If you have any questions or concerns following the upgrade, contact Okta Support.
Note: A previous version of this announcement incorrectly referenced IE plugin version 5.9.0 as the phased rollout GA candidate. That has been corrected to 5.9.1.
We have updated the Okta plugin for the Firefox browser to version 5.9.0 for EA users. This release provides performance and security enhancements. To obtain this version, contact Okta Support.
We have updated the Okta plugin for the IE browser to version 5.9.2 for EA users. This release fixes an issue that prevented the IE plugin from working with our EMEA production environment. To obtain this version, contact Okta Support.
For plugin version history, see Browser Plugin Version History.
Platform Release Notes
Changes to the platform for this release are published in the Platform Release Notes on http://developer.okta.com.
Incremental Features Summary
There are no incremental features to announce this week.
We've implemented SWA for the following Okta Verified applications:
We've implemented SAML for the following Community Created application:
We've implemented SAML for the following Okta Verified applications:
We've added the following Mobile applications for use with Okta Mobility Management (OMM):
Bug numbers ending with an H are hotfixes. Hotfixes are typically deployed after the initial release.
Product Bug Fixes
The following issues are fixed:
- OKTA-102796 – As prompting AD-mastered users to reset their passwords when they are about to expire is not supported, we have removed this setting for AD mastered users in group password policy.
- OKTA-103512 – Group assignments to Samanage failed when None selected was chosen for the Department attribute.
- OKTA-103587 – Enabling the JIRA On-premise app failed to function with TLSv1.2.
- OKTA-104032 – Encrypted settings were erased after saving new SSO assignments.
- OKTA-104570 – Moving a user from one pushed group to another failed.
- OKTA-105268 – New end-users, authenticated through AD after activation, failed to have their last login updated in Okta reports.
- OKTA-106641 – Dragging a mouse over the histogram graph to narrow results in the new EA System Log failed.
App Integrations Fixes
The following SWA apps were not working correctly and are now fixed:
Microsoft Developer Network
Southwest Airlines (OKTA-106315)
Visual Studio (OKTA-106603)
The following SAML app was not working correctly and is now fixed: