Okta Preview Release 2016.02 began deployment on January 14. For the latest information on our release schedule, see Current Release Status.
Check the version number at the bottom of your Okta Administrator page to see your current version. Clicking the version number takes you directly to the folder containing the release notes.
Okta is pleased to announce an enhancement to our Profile Editor. The navigation through profiles is now organized by page to allow an unlimited number of profiles in the list. Buttons open new windows to edit a profile or mappings.
This is an Early Access (EA) feature; contact Okta Support to enable it.
On-prem exchange EAS (Exchange Active Sync) configuration for Okta Mobility Management (OMM) through the Outlook Web Access (OWA) OAN app now uses the Application username format rather than the hardcoded username format: <domain>\<AD username prefix>. For more information about configuring Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync (EAS), see Enabling Mobile Access to Applications.
This release includes minor updates and revisions to the text of our localizations.
We have enhanced Yubikey .csv file data by adding Last Login and Status fields.
- We have improved the Add/Edit Identity Provider (IdP) dialog boxes for SAML 2.0 and Social Identity Providers.
- SAML 2.0 IdP
When admins do not enable the Create new user (JIT) option in the Authentication Settings section, we now deselect all options in the JIT Settings section (in addition to hiding the section, as before).
- Social IdPs
We have reorganized the dialog box to make it easier to specify JIT settings.
Okta Developer Platform Update
Documentation for the Okta Developer Platform is available at http://developer.okta.com.
In this release we fixed an issue where a dependency problem prevented users from building the Okta Java SDK.
Incremental Feature Summary
The following table summarizes features that are enabled incrementally. Links in the Feature column point to additional documentation for that feature, if available. After the feature is fully released, it is no longer tracked in this table. For release history of all features, see Features by Release.
|Sync Unique Password||2016.01||2016.01||2016.01||2016.02|
|Simplified Addition of Apps to Dashboard||2016.01||2016.01||2016.01||2016.02|
|Group-based Sign On Policies||2015.48|| –||2015.48|| –|
|Enhanced Automatic App Login (Plugin)||2015.46||2015.46|| –|| –|
We've implemented SAML for the following Okta Verified applications:
We've implemented SWA for the following Okta Verified application:
We've added the following Mobile applications for use with Okta Mobility Management (OMM):
Bug numbers ending with an H are hotfixes. Hotfixes are generally deployed after the initial release.
- OKTA-71379 – Fixed an issue where deprovisioning tasks were created for deactivated or deleted applications.
- OKTA-73382 – Fixed an issue where Active Directory groups previously imported into Okta were not updated during JIT.
- OKTA-74222 – Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented adding a person whose profile contained a custom field to an Okta org.
- OKTA-76670 – Fixed an issue with the Softlock feature where unlocked Active Directory-mastered users were reported as locked out in the Get User API and the Okta People Page.
- OKTA-76942 – Fixed an issue in our Duo integration where current user logins failed because their configurations were incorrectly marked as invalid.
- OKTA-77030 – Fixed an issue where sorting by Status was not working for the Okta Usage Report.
- OKTA-77300 – Fixed minor UI issues in the Add/Edit Identity Provider dialog box.
- OKTA-77514 – Fixed an issue in which an error message was displayed in place of Universal Directory custom attribute labels.
- OKTA-77581H – Fixed an issue where the Profile tab was missing for Read Only Administrators and User Administrators viewing the profiles of Okta-mastered users.