Issue: We have created a SAML Application in Okta and need to provide an XML file containing the metadata to our SP.
If you are asked by the SP to provide the IDP.XML file, the needed information can be acquired from the partially configured app. This metadata is dynamically generated at app creation.
1. Add a SAML Template App to your org.
2. On the 'General Settings' screen enter all known information. For fields that are not yet known, type 'PLACEHOLDER'.
3. Select 'Next'.
4. Do not assign the app to any users, select 'Next'.
5. Select 'Done'.
6. Select the 'Sign On' tab.
7. In the 'Settings' section, click the Identity Provider metadata link.
CAUTION - This information is dynamically generated. If you provide this metadata to your SP, you MUST use this template app to perform your integration. If testing requires a new app be made, the newly generated metadata will need to be provided to the SP again.