Issue: How do I send a notification to my end users through Okta?
- Admin tasks
- End user outreach
Admins can create custom notifications to send to their end users. From this page you can view all custom notifications you have already sent out, delete messages, and create new custom notifications.
- Select Dashboard > Notifications
- Create a new notification – Select the Send New Message button, and enter the message you want to send out in the new notification dialog that opens. The message is limited to 150 characters. To send the message to all the end users in your org and to track the message in the Admin's Notifications list, click Send to Everyone.
- Delete a notification – Select the delete (X) icon adjacent to the message you want to delete. A Delete Message confirmation dialog opens.
- Viewing the Notifications – For all new messages, the Notifications dialog automatically launches as soon as end users launch their Home pages. This ensures the end user is immediately aware there is at least one new message. End users can subsequently close the dialog, and reopen it at any time to review earlier messages.
- To view previously viewed notifications, end users click the Notifications icon: to open the Notifications. If there are too many messages to display in the dialog, a scroll bar appears allowing you to scroll through the messages.
To learn more, see: https://help.okta.com/en/prod/Content/Topics/Dashboard/Dashboard.htm