Assigned Application Missing From User's Okta PageCause:
Assigning the application triggered a corresponding account provisioning attempt, which failedApplies to:
- Navigate to Dashboard-Tasks and look for Application assignments encountered errors events such as the following
- "Invalid Password" or "You must choose a strong password"
- Check the Okta Legacy Password Policy and ensure that it satisfies the service provider's complexity requirements (generally, 8 characters, upper and lowercase, number or symbol).
- "Unable to assign licenses to the user" or similar role/license related messages
- Check to see what license is selected in the user's (or group's) application assignment
- Verify that there are such licenses available on the SP side.
- Error indicating username already exists or is unavailable
- Ask whether the user has already created a personal account for the application with the same username that Okta is attempting to use during provisioning, and if so, whether the application allows to "invite" the user to be a "managed" user.
- Error indicating a required attribute is missing a value
- determine what attributes the SP considers to be required (error message may specify this)
- verify that the required attributes are populated in the user's Okta profile by:
- comparing the user's profile with another user who was successfully provisioned and see if you can spot a difference between which attributes are populated, or
- navigating to the application's profile in the Profile Editor, which will present a list of the application's base and custom attributes. Clicking the info icon of any attribute will indicate whether it is required or not.
- Error indicating invalid permissions or credentials
- Make sure that the account configured in application's "Provisioning" tab has the appropriate level of elevation on the SP side (for example, a G Suite Super Administrator account, O365 Global Administrator, etc).
- Test the provisioning credentials to rule out an expired or changed password, a deactivated account, etc.
To view additional common customer problems, click here