Okta provides the following features to manage end-users:
- Add and import users – You can use the Add Person button to add users or you can import them. If you have provisioning configured, you can import users from your apps. For example, if you are configured for Google Apps, you can select Applications, select the Google Apps app, select the Import tab, then click the Import Now button. The results of your import depend on how you have configured provisioning to handle your imports. If you do not have provisioning configured, users can also be imported using a CSV file. See Importing People for more information.
- Import from a profile master – A profile master is an application that acts as a source of truth for user profile attributes. A user can only be mastered by one app or directory at a time. Active Directory (AD) and LDAP, for instance, are two profile master options.
- User activation and deactivation – You can activate and deactivate individual users and groups using the Activate and Deactivate buttons on the Okta People Page.
- Password and Multifactor Authentication (MFA) reset – You can reset your end users' Okta passwords and MFA settings.
- AD disconnection (if applicable) – If you have AD configured on your system, you can disconnect AD from the Directory Integrations page.
- Group management – Okta provides several default groups to which you can assign users. In addition, you can configure new groups and assign users to them.
- Directory management – You can configure AD and LDAP for your system. After you have configured a directory, you can view the users in that directory, change the directory settings (including basic settings, user provisioning, and profile mastering), and import users to the directory. You can also deactivate and reactivate the directories you have configured.
- Profile master management – You can assign a Profile Master to prioritize your directories if you have multiple directories configured.